Monday, April 15, 2013

Mini Eden

Apartment living brings out creative solutions for gardening.  I recently taught a little workshop on container gardening, which proved a two-fold blessing.  Researching the most efficient containers for desert conditions provided the information I needed for myself.

I always like to have samples and how-to displays for any subject I happen to be teaching, so by the time the workshop date arrived I had located resources for buckets, made and planted about a dozen different containers, and had a simple how-to handout worked up!  Win-win! 

So here is what my little piece of Eden looks like - the patio faces south, which can be a challenge, but there are two Shoestring Acacia trees providing dappled shade, so it's perfect for desert growing: morning sun, afternoon partial shade, evening sunsets!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment