Thursday, July 25, 2013

Settled in...

June 1 was a stellar day - I moved into my new nest.  After being on the waiting list for some time, it is a joy to finally be where I have been longing to live, ever since I first started looking for an apartment last fall..

The Buckeye Senior Apartments suit me to a "T".  One level, only 4 units per building (so we all have outside walls and windows), low population (only 40 of us!), a nice community room with TV and tables for projects like puzzles, laundry room, grassy areas, bird feeders, lots of outdoor lighting so we always feel safe walking after dark when it's cooler.  Everyone is friendly and we watch out for each other.  Nice neighborhood!

Being at the end of a street, the view includes farm fields of alfalfa and corn, backed by the "blue"  hills and mountain ranges of this low desert area.

Another bonus:  I'm only 2 blocks from the Buckeye Community Garden, where I have a veggie bed, and serve on the garden board of directors.  Good stuff.

My little corner, walking from the community building.



The velvet mesquite tree near my door had beautiful blossoms this spring, which I wasn't here to enjoy. Now the seed pods are falling, much to the annoyance of our maintenance man.  John spends a certain amount of time weekly on the landscaping, which includes tidying up the mesquite pods and other stuff that falls off the palms.


I got a kick out of these curly pods - until my neighbor Pat showed me the scorpion she murdered in her bathroom.  It looked enough like the pods that now I'm scanning them for movement before I walk out on the gravel!

1 comment:

  1. That looks pretty homey! You have such a green thumb. So much pleasure in growing things :).

    ReplyDelete